Oct 14, 2020
Bringing the lighting community together to share ideas and innovations that move our industry forward is central to LightFair’s vision. In light of this year’s events, Lightfair is revisiting every aspect of LightFair 2021 with a “safety first” lens. Working in conjunction with the Javits Center and our vendor partners, they are committing to implementing safe and smart protocols by reimagining our trade show floor, attendee experience and program design for 2021.
A new way to register, daily disinfection and physical distancing.
Classroom seating with one person per table and theater seating with ample spacing between attendees are options being considered for conference sessions and seminars. Touchless hand sanitizers will be located throughout the show floor.
- Smaller meeting rooms and informal meetings will conform to space use requirements and physical distancing guidelines.
- Meeting room furniture, surfaces and all equipment will be cleaned and disinfected throughout the day as needed.
- Simulcast and hybrid sessions are being considered for the conference to enable social distancing.
- A room monitor will be assigned to every room.
- Attendees will self scan as they enter.
- Coffee break/ food and beverage offerings to be managed with a minimal touch point approach.
On-site registration areas to be compliant with the Javits Center’s guidelines relating to social distancing markers. Self-service badging systems will be touchless. Visitors will be able to scan pre-printed barcodes, print badges automatically. Registration counters will be positioned at least 6 ft. apart.
- Strongly recommend online pre-registration to ensure visitors are prepared in advance.
- Investigating staggered entry times to avoid congestion.
- Relevant protocols communicated to all registered attendees prior to event to ensure everyone is up to date on protocols upon arrival.
- Sneeze guard barriers to be placed in areas of assisted registration that may need more direct contact.
- Controlled disbursement of badge holders or clips without the risk of cross contamination.
- Bulk badge pick-up for exhibitors will be enabled to minimize individual contact.
One-way traffic patterns will be investigated to facilitate physical distancing, minimize crowding and encourage fluid movement of attendance.
- Exhibitors will be encouraged to construct exhibits that are as open as possible, using materials that are easy to manage, clean and sanitize daily.
- Food & Beverage and networking areas to be developed with social distancing focus.
- LightFair will work with the Javits Center to ensure compliance with the convention center’s guidelines to eliminate areas where social distancing might prove difficult.
Overnight disinfection of show floor and daily high traffic areas.
- Targeted move-in and move-out procedures with use of marshaling yard.
- Increased security presence on trade show floor during exhibitor move-in.
- LightFair will work with partners to develop Safety on the Show Floor webinars as well as to ensure safety reminders are included daily with workforce morning meeting.
- Service desks will be regulated with health standards.
Go HERE for more information