June 9, 2021
Registration is now open for the LightFair 2021 conference and tradeshow, taking place in-person at the Jacob K. Javits Center in New York, October 27-29, 2021 and with live-streaming access to the conference, October 25-29. The 31st staging of the premier annual event in architectural and commercial lighting features 106 hours of accredited courses in 40 educational sessions presented by more than 75 speakers, numerous networking opportunities, and 300+ exhibitors presenting new advancements in lighting and technology.
“We are excited to open registration for the first in-person lighting event to be held in more than two years,” said Dan Darby, LightFair show director. “The marketplace is eager to see the products developed since our 2019 staging and to greet their friends and colleagues again in person.”
Five Days of Conference Programming
This year’s LightFair conference features six niche learning tracks presented October 25-29:
- The Application + Evidence-Based Design track focuses on methodologies and design trends used to enable project success in lighting. Presentations reference concepts and/or cases that illustrate the details and techniques used to achieve design goals from project concept to completion and encompass end-user data, whether it be energy, control, or light specific requirements that help realize the experience of the built environment, as well as concept validation.
- The Art + Inspiration track explores sources of inspiration that inform design and technology development.
- The Design Tools + Techniques track covers the means and methods designers use to bring ideas to fruition. Presentations include challenges and benefits of process exploration, software implementation, and unexpected resources.
- The Experiencing Light track explores the influence of light on the human experience and nature.
- The Professional Development + Practice track focuses on the development and evolution of a career or company. Topics include those inspired by leadership and engagement, personally, within companies, and within the lighting industry.
- The Technology track explores the design and specification of components and software that advance technology in the lighting industry, including the implementation and interoperation of lighting, building and connected systems.
- The 5-Day Mix & Match option allows attendees to select courses to fill all five days
The full conference schedule is available online at LightFair.com/conference.
Three Days of Tradeshow Activities
LightFair presents more than 300 exhibitors plus design-focused programming and networking opportunities at the October 27- 29 tradeshow. In addition to the expansive floor space on the Javits Level 3, LightFair will comprise four Pavilions, plus The Collective:
- Design Pavilion – showcases domestic and international high-style, decorative commercial designs and products including cove, linear lighting, chandeliers, sconces, pendants and flush-mounts, as well as custom fixtures. Also located here is The Designery – a brand-new networking hub featuring high-end lighting fixtures and solutions, as well as Design Synergist presentations led by lighting designers, architects, specifiers and interior designers. Exhibitors in the Design Pavilion include: WAC Lighting, JESCO Lighting Group LLC, Contraste, MP Lighting Inc., AFX Inc., Lightnet USA Inc., Bock Lighting, Tivoli LLC., Custom Contract Lighting, ADOT Lighting, Ferroluce SRL., LLI Architectural and more.
- New Exhibitor Pavilion – presents first-time exhibitors’ products and technological advances in architectural and commercial lighting. New exhibitors here include: Concealite Life Safety Products, Lumecon, Hei Technology International GMBH, Gillinder Glass, Temicon Micronano Solutions, Teckho Kobot, Inc., Healthe Inc., and others.
- Outdoor Pavilion – features manufacturers offering environmentally responsible exterior lighting including municipal, city and street lighting; lighting for recreational/sporting events; landscape lighting; road and tunnel lighting; control systems; directional, path, step and area lighting; bollards and underwater lighting. Innovations focus on efficiency, safety, aesthetics, accessibility and security. Exhibitors in the Outdoor Pavilion include Lumascape, Ragni Lighting, Trastar, Inc., NYX Hemera Technologies, Wagner Architectural Systems, Able Power Products Inc., Urban Solar, Jarvis Lighting, Sunna Design and others.
- Smart Pavilion – focuses on the latest trends, products and ideas in smart lighting and building solutions using sensors, controls, connectivity and data analysis to maximize efficiency, energy savings and end-user comfort via IoT and Intelligent Lighting. Exhibitors in the Smart Pavilion include Avnet, Cimcon Lighting Inc., Autani, IR-TEC International Ltd., Dimonoff Inc., Avi-On Labs, Steinel America, Inc., Enocean Alliance, Sensorworx, Microchip Technology Inc., Mcwong International Inc., Verizon and more.
- The Collective – a newly introduced space on the show floor reserved exclusively for exhibitors who are IALD LIRC or IES sustaining members, offering a special opportunity to explore unique products by select manufacturers and to experience a show within the show. Exhibitors in The Collective include Boca Flasher, LensVector, Neri, Vode and more.
On-site activities will add to the excitement at LightFair 2021. The Buzz Center will feature live interviews and industry conversations with lighting leaders. LightFair Live will offer daily exhibitor spotlight sessions. Additionally, a number of informative tours are being scheduled, including Curated Pavilion tours with industry leaders to explore the pavilions and to see trends and innovations; an LightFair Innovation Award Winners tour to see trending products and new technologies from award-winning exhibitors; and a New Attendee Orientation and tour to help first-time attendees navigate the tradeshow floor.
“LightFair provides an introduction to new products and lines that strongly influences our work,” said Collean Peach, senior associate, KGM Architectural Lighting. Added Tony Adams LC MIES, national lighting manager, Evergreen Consulting Group, LLC: “LightFair is the one time each year when we can meet with peers and colleagues in the lighting industry to exchange ideas, explore new technologies and identify challenges for the immediate future. Some relationships I’ve established at LightFair have lasted over 30 years, and I continually establish new ones each year.”
Expansion of Standard Pricing and a Virtual Option
Early bird discounted pricing for both the tradeshow and conference is available June 7-August 6, 2021. Standard pricing is being extended for on-site days and begins on August 7, 2021. Pricing is the same for in-person and live-streaming courses. Registration for educational programs and special events, as well as exhibit hall passes, can be purchased in packages or a la carte at LightFair.com/attend/pricing.
Safer Floor. Safer Show
The LightFair 2021 will feature adaptions for safer product exploration and education as outlined in its Safer Floor. Safer Show guidelines. It will follow the most updated recommendations and guidelines from the CDC and New York State.
The tradeshow will feature wider aisles with one-way traffic. Digital tools also will be a key element of a safer tradeshow floor with appointment setting available via LightFair’s mobile app and the use of electronic lead retrieval/ digital information sharing strongly encouraged.
All attendees will be asked a health screening questionnaire and have their temperature checked prior to entry and the wearing of masks will be required. Pre-show, online registration will allow for a contactless system where attendees can use self-serve kiosks to obtain badges. The full Safer Floor. Safer Show protocols are at LightFair.com/attend/safety-protocols.