March 27, 2023
Conference dates: Aug 3 – 5th 2023
Location: Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel & Convention Center
1551 Thoreau Dr N, Schaumburg, IL 60173
The theme for the 2023 IES Annual Conference is Light Responsibly.
This year’s theme focuses on the responsibility that the lighting industry has to itself, to the architectural and construction industry, and to the world at large to ensure that lighting has a net positive impact on the built environment.
The theme Light Responsibly is a call to action to the entire lighting community to use our knowledge, skills, and experience to affect positive change in the industry.
Proposals are being accepted for the following conference activities:
- Speaker Sessions – 60 min (Deadline March 12)
- Pre-Conference Workshops – 3 hours (Deadline March 12)
- Conference Papers & Technical Presentations – 30 min (Deadline April 2)
- Posters (Deadline April 30)
Technical Papers & Presentations (30 minutes, including 5-8 minutes for questions)
Deadline for Submission – April 2, 2023
There are two classes of technical papers & presentations:
- Peer-Reviewed Conference Papers: 3000 words or less, with a maximum of 10 pages, submitted in the IES Conference paper format, 12-point font, double-spaced.
- Technical Presentations: Refereed by an extended abstract which consists of up to 3 pages (maximum 800 Words). Authors are encouraged to include figures in their abstract to convey information on details and/or findings that will be covered in the paper. No formal paper will be required for technical presentations accepted under this category.
Acceptance decisions will be based on the potential technical quality, originality, impact, and relevance to the conference audience. Papers that have been recently published which would benefit from dissemination to conference attendees through a formal presentation or poster are also encouraged.
Deadline for Submission – April 30, 2023
Posters will be evaluated for inclusion based on submission of an extended abstract that consists of up to 3 pages (maximum 800 Words). Authors are encouraged to include figures in their abstract to convey information on the details and/or findings which will be covered in the poster.
More information available here
IES-Montréal invites you to its Evening-Light which will take place on April 13, 2023, at the L’Ambroisie room at 4020 Rue Saint-Ambroise in Montreal. This year, the Soirée-Lumière will not be in the form of a contest but we want it as an evening of recognition, to promote the industry, to highlight projects, challenges and people. Come and celebrate with us.