Nov 23, 2021
aspectLED recently announced the results from its Annual Survey on Trends in Commercial and Residential Lighting Design, in which hundreds of designers were asked to share insights with their peers about the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on lighting design. The results suggest a number of interesting trends.”
The research found:
• 96% of the respondents believe that lighting design trends have been influenced by the Pandemic.
• 90% of the participants said that they have seen more interest in lighting designs for outdoor spaces
• 89% have seen an increase in hands-free/non-contact lighting designs, such as motion-activated under-cabinet lighting in restrooms and public spaces
• 83% have seen lighting design being used to de-emphasize crowded spaces by spotlighting specific areas like tables in restaurants, and keeping the lighting low in general spaces where crowds form
• 93% have recommended LED lighting products for post-COVID projects, of which 87% specified LED because it offered more flexibility in design